MARSupport Australia & New Zealand ASBESTOS DISEASE SUPPORT
The Foundation’s MARSupport (Mesothelioma and Asbestos Related Support Australia) operates across Australia (and is available to New Zealanders via our Asbestos Disease Support Helpline and online Support Groups and information pages), offering peer-based support and information, and referral and advocating services to those who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma asbestos cancer or another asbestos related disease, and to their carers and immediate family members, as well as those bereaved.
Asbestos Related Diseases include:
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer | Asbestosis | Asbestos Related Pleural Diseases (ARPD) | Asbestos Related Pleural Plaques | Asbestos Related Lung Cancer
The Foundation’s MARSupport core objectives are to:
- Facilitate and empower sufferers, their carers and loved ones, and those bereaved to move forward and live their journey without regret;
- Provide an asbestos disease support helpline and online support;
- Provide relevant and unbiased up to date information about treatments and care options;
- Honestly answer questions about what to expect from treatments and the relevant disease;
- Refer sufferers to medical and legal professionals who are acknowledged specialists in their field and importantly, who are also thought of as being ethical and holistic;
- Be the voice of reason and advocate on behalf of sufferers, their carers, their loved ones, those bereaved, and allied health and care providers; and
- Promote awareness, educate and provide information about mesothelioma cancer and other asbestos related diseases.