MARSupport Australia & New Zealand ASBESTOS DISEASE SUPPORT
The Foundation’s Mesothelioma and Asbestos Related Support Australia (MARSupport) offers person to person (telephone and face to face) peer-based information, referral, advocacy and emotional support for those who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma asbestos cancer or another asbestos related disease, their carers, immediate family members and and to those bereaved. MARSupport operates across Australia and is available to New Zealanders via our Asbestos Disease Helpline and online news and information pages.
Asbestos Related Diseases include:
Malignant Mesothelioma Cancer | Asbestosis | Asbestos Related Pleural Diseases (ARPD) | Asbestos Related Pleural Plaques | Asbestos Related Lung Cancer
The two core objectives of the Foundation’s MARSupport are to:
Facilitate and empower sufferers, their carers and loved ones, and those bereaved to move forward and live their journey without regret by:
- Providing an asbestos disease support helpline and online information;
- Offering peer-based person to person (phone) emotional support and encouragement from people who have lived a similar (asbestos disease) journey;
- Providing relevant and unbiased up to date information about treatments and care options;
- Honestly answering questions about what to expect from treatments and the relevant disease;
- Referring sufferers to medical and legal professionals who are acknowledged specialists in their field and importantly, who are also thought of as being ethical and holistic;
- Being the voice of reason and advocating on behalf of sufferers, their carers, their loved ones, those bereaved, and allied health and care providers; and
- When feasible, meeting with asbestos related disease sufferers, their carers and loved ones face to face.
Promote awareness and education, and provide information, about mesothelioma asbestos cancer and other asbestos related diseases to the wider community:
- Online website and internet based pages, sites and portals,
- Via public news media outlets (online, print, radio and TV) and social media sites,
- Media and other targeted specific programs; and
- Where practicable, via face to face meetings, seminars, symposiums, etc.