BERNIE BANTON FOUNDATION SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY USE POLICY
By joining or participating in any of the Bernie Banton Foundation’s groups or pages, you are agreeing to be bound by, and adhere to the Bernie Banton Foundation Social Media Community Use Policy.
The Bernie Banton Foundation, any persons associated with the Bernie Banton Foundation and/or the admins and moderators of its’ groups and pages are not accredited to give advice. Any information given is for assistance only.
The Bernie Banton Foundation and the group or page administrators or moderators do not endorse or vouch for the accuracy of any posting or comment that appears on these groups, pages or sites, before relying on and/or using any such information, you should satisfy yourself on its authenticity and/or suitability for use. All descriptions and comments made about or in the articles posted, or in stand alone postings are the responsibility of the individual (including said administrators or moderators) making the description, comment or posting, and are not representative, and cannot be implied to be representative of the Bernie Banton Foundation.
We monitor our social media sites/pages as much as possible – and will respond and participate as often as possible.
EXISTING MEMBERS ADDING PEOPLE TO GROUPS
We ask that members of any of the Bernie Banton Foundation social media groups, DO NOT add family members or friends to the group(s) they are a member of, without first talking to the person about doing so.
POSTING and COMMENTING GUIDELINES
Second Person Use of a Members Account – Use of a member’s Facebook account by a second person to post or comment in a specific group is not permitted. Specific groups are only for the person who is actually a member, their membership account should not be accessed by anyone else and must not be used to post or comment by a second party. For example: The MARSupport Sufferers Support Chat Room group is only for Sufferers, not for their carer or other family members (daughters and sons, etc.) to view, post or comment on. If it is found a person other than the group member is using a member’s account to view, post or comment in a specific group, then the member will be automatically removed from the group.
What is posted, commented on or discussed within a ‘Private‘ group must stay within that group, it must not be copied, transmitted or conveyed verbally to any person or entity outside the group.
APPROPRIATE POSTING and COMMENTING: We reserve the right to delete, without notice, posts and comments that contain any of the elements listed below, therefore, please do not submit any postings or comments containing any of the following:
- Anti-social Behaviour – We ask you refrain from using anti-social behaviour on the sites, we would like people to feel welcome and comfortable being involved in, or viewing our social media. Anti-social behaviour includes:
- Personal attacks (including on, or against politicians and public figures),
- Profanity (swearing of any nature will not be condoned)
- Undue negativeness
- Inappropriate or offensive comments or posts
- Non-constructive derogatory comments
- Sexually explicit language or images
- Comments regarding fraud, dishonesty, or other unethical behaviour
- Libelous comments or comments that could be construed as being libelous
- Anything that is illegal, harassing, harmful to reputation, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable
- DIscrimination – The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of political, corporate, union or religious belief, age, race, gender, sexual orientation or creed – we ask you respect this and do the same.
- Commercial or Self Interest Content – Content (postings, comments, articles, blogs and press releases) that promotes a business, government agency, union, research institute, organisation (not for profit or otherwise), or individual that is not sanctioned by the Bernie Banton Foundation (and its Admins) is not acceptable, such content will be removed without explanation or warning. Examples include:
- Promotion of an individual, organisation or company in pursuit of:
- escalating self interest, or peer or public recognition of an organisation or business
- provision of goods and/or services, or
- attracting clients, following or members
- Any form of advertising
- Articles emanating from web and social media sites sponsored by specialist asbestos or dust litigators, or their agents
- Articles, press releases or blogs originating from corporate service providers involved in the asbestos or occupational dust, diseases, assessment or removal fields
- Promotion of an individual, organisation or company in pursuit of:
- Optimistic Medical Research Reporting: Articles promoting very early research into mesothelioma asbestos cancer, other asbestos related diseases, and other cancers and similar occupational dust related diseases often give false hope, for this reason, articles promoting optimistic research that is only at the ‘mice’ stage and hasn’t been proven to be ‘safe for use’ on humans will not be posted, or allowed to be posted. Any call outs for participants in Clinical Trials will be posted – providing they are very clear on the purpose of the trial and do not, in the Admin’s opinion, foster false hope.
- Questionable information Postings and comments must not contain information that:
- is known or proven to be incorrect
- is questionable (cannot be substantiated)
- is spam
- is off-topic or irrelevant subject matter
- infringes on copyrights or trademarks
- promotes illegal or questionable activities
- promotes treatments that have not been vetted in peer reviewed respected scientific journals
- promotes unproven theories, methods, ideas or research
- Anything that is contrary to the vision, mission or objectives of the Bernie Banton Foundation
PERSONAL INFORMATION: Please never make postings or comments that include your own, or another person’s personal contact details.
BLOCKING OF ADMINS or MODERATORS: Blocking of Admins or Moderators from seeing posts or comments will mean automatic expulsion from a group and/or banning from a page.
POLITICAL COMMENTING: The Bernie Banton Foundation is apolitical – the Foundation’s Social Media must not be used as a forum to make political comments or attacks.
ADVOCATING: Advocating on issues related to asbestos awareness, asbestos disease and occupational dust disease and awareness issues is welcomed.
EDIT & REMOVAL OF CONTENT: If necessary, and without notice, the admins and moderators reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to screen and edit or remove any content, including comments, photos, videos or other content, that are deemed inappropriate. We also reserve the right to remove posts containing links. Although we may screen and edit or remove content, we are not responsible for the content posted by others.
FACEBOOK TERMS OF SERVICE: We accept the Terms of Service administered by Facebook, in addittion to agreeing and adherring to the Bernie Banton Foundation Social Media Community Use Policy, by using Facebook you agree to Facebook’s Terms of Service as well.
VIOLATING POLICY: If you violate this policy, your comments will be deleted and you may be banned from the groups, pages or sites.
PERMISSION TO USE: Please note, by submitting a photo, post or comment, on our Facebook pages and Community Hub group site (as distinct from our ‘Private’ Facebook secret ‘closed’ support ‘chat room’ and ‘group’ sites), you hereby grant the Bernie Banton Foundation, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license, in perpetuity, to use the submitted, image, post or comment, together with your name for educational or promotional purposes, in any media. This includes, but is not limited to, websites, social networks, television, and newspaper and is without restrictions or limitations.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions regarding the Bernie Banton Foundation Social Media Community Use Policy, please email email@example.com remembering to include your verifiable contact details, including your actual name, phone number, email address, and actual address of residence or work. If we can’t verify you are a real person, we will not respond.
Now you have read the Bernie Banton Foundation Social Media Community Use Policy, should you wish to join any of the MARSupport ‘Private’ support groups, please CLICK HERE
Should you wish to read or re-read about the MARSupport ‘Private’ support groups please CLICK HERE
If you, or a loved one has been diagnosed
with MESOTHELIOMA ASBESTOS CANCER or another ASBESTOS RELATED DISEASE and you would like to talk to somebody who knows what it feels like to be in similar circumstances to what you are in, whether you are a sufferer or carer, please phone the Foundation’s 24/7 Support Helpline.
Note: The Bernie Banton Foundation is not accredited to provide advice. The information and/or advice provided is for assistance only. The advice of a qualified specialist should always be sought before making legal or medical decisions.